Wednesday, July 22, 2009

DIY - Guest Book

Guest Book. Our guest book thus far is the cheapest!

With Orange as our theme, I searched for a birthday gift which I received many years ago - A stick-it-on Orange & Black photo album. It was lovely but I never could bear to use it cause I simply can't decide which lovely photos to put in it.

Wedding. Once in a lifetime. Celebration of love.What better occasion to use this album than a wedding!

Armed with the album, I started to think how to turn it into a guest book? Do I just provide paint pens for them to write over the album page? Or do I just give paper to every guests and get them to paste on the album page? Buying paint pens is costly ($3.00 each). Getting the guests to paste themselves seems time consuming and messy.

Therefore, I decided to make Origami envelopes instead. Every envelope can hold 3-4 pieces of blessing. I don't like the album to be too thick so I pasted the envelopes only on the right side. On the left side, Geo & I decided to 'decorate' with our photos.

So where does the guest write their blessings for us then? Cheapest & easiest way is to get my hands on small Origami papers! Hee!! At Daiso, it costs only $2. I love it. Things are colorful and it is of the right size! Best of all, I don't have to do any cutting!

Wedding is also the best time to improve familial relationships and I used this as an opportunity to get my mummy involved. Within a day, woah! Mummy completed 72 envelopes!!

Cost: $4.00 (2 packs of Origami papers)

No comments:

Post a Comment