Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Proposal

I have been teasing Geo, for the longest time, that we are preparing our wedding and he has YET to propose!!!

Last Monday, 13 July 2009, he proposed. :)

I was cheated.

I was cheated by Geo to his place thinking that his mum wanted to have a family dinner. [Let me talk a little about the loopholes. 1) His brother & sister-in-law couldn't make it; 2) His dad worked overtime. How then, can it be a family dinner? Geo was also dumbfounded by my 'Why' questions. Hee...]

After dinner, Geo quickly shoo-ed me into his room, informing his mum that the weather's hot and he will be switching on the air-conditioner. Out of nothing, he opened his wardrobe's door and told me to "See!" As I was 'seeing' to where he pointed, Geo suddenly blindfolded me & did his set-up. [Hee! He was SO gentle that the blindfold fell off. In the end, I had to blindfold myself.] As I was seated there, I thought to myself - Gosh! This is it... I am going to be married to someone for the rest of my life. It's scary, yet, it's exciting.

Turned off the light, turned on the iPod & I was ready for my surprise. Unfolded, I was asked to see what's under the comforter. I then thought 'This is it.. The Ring. Does it fit? What pattern? My taste?' I was very very very surprised to see that it's not a ring but a Scrapbook!

Scrapbook was titled 'Our First', so there was our first photo taken together, our first wedding attended together, our first overseas trip, ending with THE question if I would want to marry him. Geo then knelt down & spoke in Cantonese '嫁给我啦'....

How I felt? I am sure Geo already knows my answer. I am sure as he was preparing for the proposal, he already know that I will say Yes. I felt very touched, very sweet. I have had bugged Geo to compose a song for me, thinking that probably the proposal will be done in a song he composed. However, Geo shared with me that composing a song is an easy feat to him. Even if he had changed the piece during the proposal, I also wouldn't have known that it's a last minute change. Geo felt that he really wanted to do something out of his comfort zone - Scrapbooking! Heee... Not knowing how to do it, he signed up for a one-day course. [He even lied to me that day that he was meeting a friend]

The Proposal. It's funny how important this process is. Although we are already preparing for our wedding, although I will definitely say Yes, although the wedding date is set, the proposal still somehow is a necessity. The proposal somehow changed our status. I suddenly officially become someone's fiancee. Hee...

No comments:

Post a Comment