Thursday, July 9, 2009

Wedding preparation

Right.. After much thought, I decided that I will branch out another blog from my main blog.

Last week, we completed our Marriage Preparation Course and finalized the day of holy matrimony. We had hmm.. 8 weeks of the MPC hosted by several couples from the family group. Throughout, I thought we were indeed blessed with a church who believes in building a good marriage before the start of marriage. I took home what Daniel said "Marriage is a miracle! Marriage is where 2 sinners get together. So how can that not be a miracle?"

Thinking back of our journey and friendship in life, I thought, even being good friends before the start of our romantic relationship is already a miracle. There were moments where I feel like screaming down Geo's neck cause of our differences. Yet, on the other hand, it was these moments that made our lives quite interesting.

.... and so, MPC is over and we have set our wedding date to be on January 30, 2010. Although the wedding is just one day, marriage is a lifetime, we are still very excited over the preparations of it. I thought of blogging down the process, the little successes, the little blessings that we had as we prepare for our wedding to come.

To date, I want to give thanks for 3 major things!
  1. We found a venue to officiate and solemnize our wedding at no booking fee with food provided! (Of course, we gotta pay for the food la...)
  2. We are blessed with a very good bridal package and along with it, came very good service! Anyone reading this, go Labelle Couture. :)
  3. Geo got $1000 payback from his insurance! At this time, I think any extra money is HUGE blessing!
One thing Geo and I really hope not to do is to overspend so we try to DIY as much as possible. (1) I have completed the design of our invitation card; (2) A friend has told me that he will print it for me for free; (3) I have also found an old (new) album that I would be recycling it as our guest book; (4) My colleague is giving me 2 bird cages for the venue deco. Friends who knows that I do decorate weddings with flowers, no, I won't be using flowers to decorate the venue. I get too sad seeing the flowers die. More so, I don't wish to pay someone to do something (cause I know the cost price). HAA!

Below are 2 puppets from my car, gifts from a friend. Monkey, my nickname, Giraffe, Geo's. Rather, it's Toys'R'Us!! Hee! Using these puppets, I used photoshop to recreate our 'icon' that'll be used in the invite.


Till next time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment