Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Beginning of this Journey of Love

We have known each other for a good 5 years!!!... Looking back, I just want to attribute this relationship to God's perfect timing and grace.

The relationship started off with us being casual friends in 2004. I first got to know San because of an interest in the Social Work field, and at that time, she was taking her Graduate Diploma in Social Work. Over time, friendship grew, and meet up became more regular. During that time, we hanged out in groups quite frequently after Sunday Service. There were also times when I met up with her over coffee before/after my piano lessons at Simei. Having said that, our friendship did went through an 'awkward' period when I got 'rejected' in 2007, with the reason that she wasn't ready to enter into a relationship then.

I was 'confused'... I wondered to myself, 'Should I continue to stay hopeful that one day, she may change her mind?'... What does she implied when she said that she wasn't ready?? In my mind, it was either she really wasn't ready, OR it was just a nicer way of saying 'I am not interested in you', in order not to hurt me too directly. Anyway, I chose to stay hopeful, coupled with prayer and fasting... :p I told myself that I would only give up, unless and until she told me straight in the face that she doesn't like me at all, or the fact that we can only remains as friends. So, is this stubborness, OR persistence???... Hmm...

Well, as time passed, our friendship did 'pick up' in 2008... It took on another level. We were more transparent and open with each other. Our sharing was much deeper too. Somehow, I sensed a different vibes from her than before. With that, I mastered ALL my courage and wrote her a 'fateful' letter, expressing my likings for her. I remembered that in the letter, I told her that the last thing I wish that could happened is to lose her as a friend, and as a result, it may go into an 'awkward' period again. I was really fearful of that because I do treasure this friendship very much. But this time round, she accepted me. The letter has changed our 'destiny' since then... :)

As we prepare ourselves towards the wedding, I hope that this 'story' will serve as a reminder for me to remain grateful to God for bringing us together. It wasn't an easy path for the both of us, BUT His timing is just so right. Indeed, God is never early, never late, BUT always ON TIME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment