Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A few more things done... :)

I have not been blogging much these days for various reasons - One, Geo & I have been thinking a bit about work. Two, silence = doing. Hee...

I am very glad GLAD (in fact, more than glad) to say that Geo & I both have found THE shoes. For the longest time, I have looked everywhere for orange heels. In my mind, I have specifically prayed and asked for a pair of shoes that's covered in satin silk. I went to Ngee Ann City to pop by Art Friend (to buy paper to make envelopes) so I thought I'd try my 'luck' at Takashimaya. I walked around and within a few minutes, this pair of shoes caught my eye! It isn't extremely cheap but I knew I'd get it the minute I set my eyes on it. However, heehee, I did a video call with my bestie (just to confirm my purchase). Thank God for 20% discount! :P

As for Geo, we were celebrating my birthday a few days ago and thought we take the opportunity, whilst we were at Vivo City, to look for his shoes. We remembered this wonderful shoes shop for men - Pedro. Praise God, there was 10% discount!!! :P


Because I am a DIY person, because I am a KPO person, because I like to get my hands onto anything and everything, because I am picky about the things I hold on to, I have also did some 'buttoned'-flowers. I decided to 'work' together with the florist in coming out with a bouquet of FULL white flowers and add these sticks of buttons to give it some color.


I am sure by now, it's easy to see that whatever we do, we work around orange color. I love poppy flowers. I decided to do the corsages for my sisters and helpers. I wanted to make roses but decided that's too common so I decided to work around a flower that I love. Unfortunately, my color theme's orange (but poppy's red!) so my dear poppy corsage has to be orange. Hee!


My Wedding Program in the progress. Just to show half of what I have completed. :P

One night, I kept thinking what else could I get my hands on for the wedding. Thought and thought and thought that I might need something for my hairdo. Took out my scraps of cloths, cut circles out of it, burnt its edges and came up with the bottom two flowers. Hmmm.. However, on the day I did it, Carol & Oliver present me with my birthday gift - a lovely pair of Swarovski dangling earrings. I guess dangling earrings and flower hairdo is just a little overdone. So... What can I do with these flowers? :P


All in all, I truly love DIYs. Next to my passion for craft work, I think DIYs make the whole event unique. I also feel that by doing things physically, one will get emotionally and mentally involved. [It is no wonder that the more I get hands-on with my kids at work, the more I love them. Haa!] The one thing I cannot display is the photo slide show. :P But that's on the way too... :D

No comments:

Post a Comment