Monday, December 6, 2010

A journey of faith begins II...

Posted by Geo.

Yesh... Am determined to find time, and write down this whole process of knowing that San and me will become parents by this time next year. It is such a GREAT blessing that I want to remember how God is in this whole deal.

On 4th Dec (Sat), we attended a Marriage Enrichment Conference organized by our church. There were pocket of times during the conference when San took out her diary and calculated the days of her menses. After that, she told me, "It has been 42 days and my menses is still not here, hmm... Maybe wait until 60 days before I do the pregnancy test"? She asked... I kind of agreed relunctantly there and then... BUT, there was this tugging in my heart... I believe it is God's voice whispering and telling me,"Why must it be 60 days before San take the preganancy test"?... However I brush the matter aside and continue to concentrate on the conference teaching.

During break time, we mingled with other couples who attended the conference. There was this brother whom we chatted with and he popped this question, "Are we planning for a child"? It was a genuine question, and my answer to him is, "Trying"... But if I may verbalise my thought process then, it probably goes 'If God give us a child, praise God... If not, never mind'... When I 'heard' myself, I was suddenly reminded that San and me are praying for a child. It wasn't just this brother alone. Friends and colleagues around also asked this question, but my answer to them is also the same. God somehow reminded me that when we pray, we got to believe that He will answer. I was kind of ashamed for my own disbelief.

Soon, I turned to San and told her, "Let's just go and buy the test kit and test it out tonight... I will pay"... HAHAaaa... I said that partly because we actually have one test kit at home in Ang Mo Kio. However, we are heading towards Simei after the conference, and staying over too. We can easily wait till the next day before San do the test. BUT, I really wanted to apply faith after this 2 encounters during the conference. Indeed, when we pray and commit the matter to God, we got to act with faith and trust.

Yesh!!!... San is expecting!!!... God answered our prayer... There is this sense of awe, to know that God is 'fearfully and wonderfully making His child' in San's womb. Indeed, a human being is an incredible thing. Far too complex and intricate to have come into being without the guiding hand of a Creator. Amen!!!... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment