Thursday, December 2, 2010

Getting to know you

The song from King & I - Getting to know you - was probably my theme song this year with regards to my marriage.

It was just beginning of this year that I made a vow to a man - Till death do us part. My life has not been the same since then. Marriage has probably brought the worst and the best out of me.

Living with my in laws was never a difficult thing to do. My greatest adjustment was probably the toilet, having no space to wash my clothes and hang it up. Kitchen habits were very different as well. Thankfully, I do not inspire to be a chef so I steer clear of the kitchen.

I very much appreciate Geo for his patience and often very slow to anger. I ask him ever now and then if I will ever one day see his anger towards me. Shamefully, in these past 10 months, he has definitely experienced my wrath more than me his.

With two different ministries and workload, having time together was quite a feat. Yet, the sweetness of the marriage was when we both try to squeeze time or do something spontaneously. I believe that difficult moments are opportunities when our marriage see growth. Beautiful moments are to help us tide through difficult times.

As we are planning for a kiddo now, we are careful of the pitfalls that may come along the way when a child comes. For one, we might be too tired to spend time with God when a child comes. Or we may lose that intimate moments with one another. Knowledge is so that we can have a better idea of what is to come. Ultimately, the best gift any parent could give their child is really for the parents to love one another. To model to the child what love is. To provide the safety attachment for the child. To allow the child, to be a child.

Yes, I am still gonna sing - Getting to know you, getting to know all about you! Marriage is an everlasting vow that one makes to get to know all about his/her partner. Not only that, their family too. It's a process that I am totally enjoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment