Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Trial make up and site survey

I have come to terms with the fact that in Singapore, things are cheaper by the package. I have had initially wanted to MTM (Made to Measure) one 闯天下 gown that will serve me the entire day. Get a freelance photographer to do some pre-wedding shots, get freelance make up artist. I really had thought it might be cheaper. However, I was wrong. It was cheaper when things come in a package. Hahahaha!!!

Anyway, I signed on with Labelle Couture about 3 months ago. Chose 4 gowns + 1 裙褂 (Chinese Kua) + 1 outdoor gown. After choosing, it was just whiling time away with other wedding preparation stuffs until about a week before the photoshoot, I had my final gown fitting and a trial make up.

Right from the start, boss of Labelle had told us that we can go for 4 places for the outdoor shoot but Geo and I were also concern whether we had sufficient time. The usual complaint from friends is the lack of time. As we hear, we also got concerned over the sufficiency of time. With that, we thought 'aiya... just keep it nearby and settle for Sentosa.' Geo did also mentioned that we had spend quite quality time at Sentosa during our courtship.

We sort of settled for just 1 place and during the gown fitting & trial make up, we were 'reprimanded' by boss over and over again that Sentosa's a boring place and told us DEFINITELY, we can go to 4 places.

Hahaha!! That was enough for us to feel confident to really throw ideas. We didn't exactly come up with a particular theme but we love old school stuffs. I remember then that right from the beginning, we had wanted to have railway track as one site. So we kept to this thought and look out for other old school rustic feel places. That day, after the trial make up, we decided to go site surveying.


We also decided on the old-school playground at Blk 35 Dover Rd.


Final destination is Upper Seletar Reservoir. I brought 2 of my kids here to before & I was quite captured by what I saw. At the same time, boss also showed me pics of another couple who went there to capture sunset. It was very very nice.


By the time I am blogging this, our photoshoot was over (yesterday). My advice: (1) Do a good site survey. Keep places as close together as possible so that you won't get too tired out. (Driver also won't get too tired) (2) Pray! Good weather, good photographer, good make up artist, etc. It's all VERY important because it's what keeps you sane the entire day!

Another day, I will blog on the props we brought along. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment