Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Of outdoor shoot and props

I went to the storeroom to search for barang barang and then I took out a plank of wood and asked mummy if I can use it. She asked and I replied her that I want to use it as a signage for our wedding. Mummy gave me a 'Tsk!' look and said 'Aiyo... Don't make yourself tired la.'

That's the thing - I find things to do! I love doing things! I enjoy DIY. I think it gives any wedding a different feel. I think it gives ME a different feel. I feel that I have something to look forward to. It gives me a 'project' feel. (Somewhere in my main blog, I had an entry on my love for projects)

Well, with the upcoming photoshoot, I thought it would be lovely to have some props. Props, to me, is so necessary because I don't think I can think of so many poses without anything on hand.

For our first destination at Dover Road, we brought marbles. I remember when I was very young, I will always play marbles with the boys at the playground. I love it when I win the marbles. Hee!

Geo is a musician so a musical instrument is a must. I had literally suggested bringing a keyboard but I must have been crazy! So of course, the easiest method is to bring a guitar. Hahaha!! The photographer told Geo to 对牛谈情. I fumed and asked him if I am a COW!! :P We decided to use the guitar at the railway track.

Anyway, our last stop was at Upper Seletar Reservoir. I have had wanted ONE huge ROUND ROUND (as round as a circle) balloon. However, getting that one balloon is a headache. Should I get it the day before? But if it's a day before, then would the helium last till the next evening? And if I want to get it on the day itself, would I have the time? I also do not wish to over-tire my friend who drove me around that day.

So, heehee..., I decided to get some ideas from nature around me and searched the internet on how to make pinwheels! As I was doing, I decide to photograph the process.


1. Have 2 square pieces of paper and glue them together (alternatively, can get double-sided paper). Better the paper be thick about 160gms.

2. Get a rod (I got mine from Spotlight), some wire about 20 cm and a round bead. Wind the wire around one end of the rod. At the end of it, add the round bead.

3. Draw diagonal lines across the paper. From the center, measure 3cm on all 4 sides. Punch (with a needle) a hole in the center.

4. Punch a hole at the corner on the side of the right corner of each 'triangle'. (Don't punch so many like mine. It was a mistake!)

5. Start with one corner and bend the paper over so that the wire can be inserted into the punched hole. Do it for all 4 corners. Add a round bead and use a pliers to bend the remaining wire to secure it.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAAaaa... I have to read the steps a few times before I can understand the whole process... :p But I must say that the explanation was clear... :) GOOD JOB!!!

    ReplyDelete